How to get a free LE SSL for your website

edited November 2018 in Suggest/Review
I didn't find this in the KB (sorry if it was there, in such case just delete the thread) and so I am sharing this here, in the tutorials section:

How to get a Let's Encrypt SSL for your website

Let's Encrypt certificates are not supported in Kind TechGroup Free Hosting by default. However, there is a way to get them.

We will try to make the process understandable and guide you step-by-step.

To get your certificate, you will need to follow these simple steps:

1. Sign up for Cloudflare and transfer your domain to them by changing nameservers (vPanel integration won’t work)
2. Visit www.sslforfree.com
3. Enter your domain, and select "Manually Verify Domain (DNS)". It will give you some TXT records which you will have to copy.
4. Go back to Cloudflare and then go to the DNS section of your dashboard.
5. Select TXT from the dropdown list, for name enter:
6. @ for your main domain and/or www if you want people to access your domain from www
8. Paste the Records (TXT) that you copied and go back to SSLForFree, it will give you your private key and certificate.

Congratulations! You have now a Let's Encrypt certificate which you can use!

I am not sure if there is an SSL installation guide but I would be happy to share mine if it does not exist!

Comments

• Thank you @PCTipsGR for this helpful guide.

By the way. If a guide doesn't exist in our Knowledge Base, you can expect it for the next batch of articles. The subject is already on my TODO list.

Alternatively, for those who want a simple SSL Certification installation, kindly use Cloudflare Flexible SSL instead or else for a quite complex choice, use COMODO SSL.

There are lots of tutorials on these topics on the web. Kind TechGroup is also doing its best to produce more support contents like these each week. Thank you for all the patience.

kindtechgroup.net | Web Solutions | Free Web Design | Free Hosting | Cheap Domains | Support Center

Get 50% OFF on all our Web Hosting offers via "LAUNCH50" Coupon Code.

• >
  • I would like to add, that, @PCTipsGR 's method only works if the domain is added to cloudflare manually, rather than enabling cloudflare via cPanel.
    LOGAN L JOHNSON

Greenlight Cloud Solutions~CYGO™ Network~LenoirLUG
  • I would like to add, that, @PCTipsGR 's method only works if the domain is added to cloudflare manually, rather than enabling cloudflare via cPanel.

Yep, correct. I think I mentioned it though on the first step though :wink:
    PCTipsGR said:

1. Sign up for Cloudflare and transfer your domain to them by changing nameservers (vPanel integration won’t work)